DCT Syrus 2G description
Digital Communications Technologies Syrus 2G is a GPS terminal with high functionality. It is designed for the most demanding fleet management operation, offering scalability, compatibility and added functionality to a simple cost effective track-n-trace operation.
With embedded high sensitivity GPS and GSM antennas and automotive Molex type connector the Syrus GPS is easy & quick to install.
Location and tracking
DCT Syrus 2G model is embedded with GPS chip. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. It uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking) as the back-up, when no satellites signals are available.
Quad-band GSM module makes devise usable all over the world where 2G networks are supported.
Key features of the DCT Syrus 2G device are:
- Intelligent configurable event engine, easy setup, reports up to 3 different actions per event.
- Turn by turn reports to guarantee the best possible tracking resolution.
- Motion detector, shock and aggressive driving detection
- Molex automotive type connector.
- TCP and/or UDP and/or SMS/SMPP communication protocols supporting up to 5 different IP or DNS destination servers and up to five SMS telephone Numbers.
- Binary and/or ASCII GPS protocols.
- Full audio/voice port for two-way communication.
- Store and forward: 7.200 events.
DCT Syrus 2G is equipped with multiple inputs and outputs.
Offering 3 inputs, 1 ignition input, 1 ADC input, 1 one-wire input and 2 outputs, makes it ideal to control, manage and monitor fuel sensors, doors, panic buttons, vehicle immobilizer, siren, lights, driver identification with Dallas keys or any other compatible telematics application.
Also it has serial port RS232 (DB9) for easy integration with any external device like mobile data terminals, barcode scanners, satellite modems or RFID tag readers.
External power supply range might be 8V – 32V, which makes possible to install Syrus 2G both on cars and vans.
DCT Syrus 2G also features internal back-up battery (380 mAh) that allows up to 6 hours of device work.
Manufacturer also claims reverse polarity protection and thermal shutdown for enhanced battery life, as well as automatic power saving mode based on the status of the ignition input and motion detector.
Local and remote management
DCT Syrus 2G tracker is fully configurable over the network via GPRS and/or SMS commands. Also, operational firmware can be upgraded over the air (FOTA), as well as over the RS232 port.