Digital Matter G60 description
Digital Matter G60 is a compact 2G or 3G GPS tracking device with a variety of inputs and outputs to cater for the most demanding applications. Its rugged housing is IP67 rated to withstand the harshest environments, without sacrificing tracking and communications performance. With the internal GPS and cellular antennae installation is a breeze. The internal backup battery provides alerts and tracking operations even when external power is removed.
Location and tracking
Digital Matter G60 is embedded with GPS, and has the support of GLONASS system as well.
The G60 AssistNow Offline feature is aiding data for extremely fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments.
The G60 can be manufactured for specific markets around the world with cellular modem modules approved by all the major networks – 2G, 3G or 4G.
External power supply might be 8V to 45V, which makes possible to install the G60 both on cars and vans.
The G60 passes stringent automotive power “load dump” tests to ensure that it will continue to operate in the harshest electrical systems. A built-in self-resetting fuse makes installation easy and safe.
The G60 can provide power to external sensors via this 3.3V/5V power line, allowing for easy installation and doing away with the need for additional external power supplies.
The standard 850mAh LiPo backup battery allows the G60 to operate when external power is removed for up to 7 days, depending on the amount of movement.
Inputs and outputs
There are following interfaces available:
- 1 x Ignition line
- 3 x digital inputs with configurable pull-up / pull-down
- 3 x switched ground digital output, easily wired up to switch external lights, relays, buzzers, sirens, motors and other devices
- The G60 has an I2C interface which can be used to power and communicate with external sensors including temperature probes, humidity sensors and other sensors.
- RS232 receive and transmit allow the G60 to communicate with external RS232 devices.
- Digital Matter has a range of peripherals that connect to the G60 via the DMCAN peripheral port. Peripherals such as the RFID Driver ID reader, 5 digit keypad, data console and RF gateway use the DMCAN port.
Local and remote management
The G60 is configured only with the help of manufacturer’s server. No automatic activation is available.