Teltonika FM4100 description
Teltonika FM4100 is a heavy vehicle GPS/GLONASS terminal that is suitable for working on vans and trucks. It is able to send the coordinates and different status messages of the vehicle.
That device has a rechargeable battery and smart power management controller. FM4100 has a capacious built-in memory chip that can store 7.500 records.FM4100 model is very functional with its 8 inputs and 4 outputs for managing vehicle devices.
Teltonika FM4100 device is supplied to the customer in a cardboard box containing all the equipment that is necessary for operation. The package contains:
- FM4100 device;
- GNSS antenna;
- GPS antenna;
- USB cable;
- A card, which contains URL to download FM4100 device drivers and Configurator software.
Location and tracking
FM4100 model is embedded with chip that supports both GPS and GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
FM4100 can work with GSM 2G networks.
FM4100 model features such interfaces as
- RS232 port
- Audio port
- 4 digital inputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 4 open collector outputs
- Fuel counter inputs
- 1Wire® temperature sensor
- 1Wire® iButton
- External battery input
FM4100 uses voltage range 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
FM4100 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to
FM4 can enter sleep mode (standby mode) under two conditions:
- FM4 does not detect movement. Accelerometer has to be configured properly, so it provides correct indication about movement. Usually most sensitive settings are used. See accelerometer settings in chapter 6 for more details.
- FM4 does not send or receive any data for 5 minutes. This means that if coordinate recording interval is more frequent than 5 minutes, FM4 will never go to sleep mode.
FM4 can exit sleep mode under these conditions:
- FM4 detects movement. Again – accelerometer has to be configured properly.
- Event or request forces FM4 to make a record.
While in sleep mode, FM4 sets GPS receiver to sleep mode, therefore it does not record or send any data. The power usage also decreases allowing to save vehicle battery.
Local and remote management
Teltonika FM4100 tracker can’t be controlled over GPRS, though it supports firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA). However, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS. To decrease the amount of SMS required for configuration SMS in binary format can be also used.
You can also configure FM4100 from a PC using proprietary software (Teltonika Configurator) and standard USB-cable which is included into package.
FM4100 has three status LEDs:
- Status LED: indicates system Power
- Navigation LED: indicates GPS reception
- Modem LED: indicates GSM reception