Teltonika FM4200 description
Teltonika FM4200 is a heavy vehicle GPS/GLONASS terminal that is suitable for working on vans and trucks. It is able to send the coordinates and different status messages of the vehicle.
That device has a rechargeable battery and smart power management controller. FM4200 has a capacious built-in memory chip that can store 7.500 records. FM4200 model is very functional with its 8 inputs and 4 outputs for managing vehicle devices.
Teltonika FM4200 device is supplied to the customer in a cardboard box containing all the equipment that is necessary for operation. The package contains:
- FM4200 device;
- GNSS antenna;
- USB cable;
- A card, which contains URL to download FM4200 device drivers and Configurator software.
Location and tracking
FM4200 model is embedded with chip that supports both GPS and GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
FM4200 can work with GSM 2G networks.
FM4200 model features such interfaces as
- RS232 port
- Audio port
- 4 digital inputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 4 open collector outputs
- Fuel counter inputs
- 1Wire® temperature sensor
- 1Wire® iButton
FM4200 uses voltage range 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
There is a virtual “Ignition” flag in FM4200 which is determined by either:
- External power voltage – when the power level falls below a certain configured level (by default 13V), the “Ignition” is considered to be OFF, otherwise – ON.
- Digital Input #1 – if there is positive signal on DIN #1 of the socket, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
- Acceleration sensor – when the built-in accelerometer detects movement, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
Teltonika FM4200 determines whether vehicle is on move or stopped by one of three methods (configurable by user):
|by Board Voltage||If board voltage exceeds certain level (configurable, 13V by default)||If board voltage is lower than a certain level|
|by Acceleration||Internal accelerometer detects movement||Internal accelerometer does not detect movement|
|by GNSS||GNSS is fixed and speed is above 5 km/h||GNSS is fixed and speed is below 5 km/h or GNSS is not fixed|
Two sleep modes
FM4200 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to normal sleep or deep sleep mode:
- Normal sleep mode. While in normal sleep mode, FM4200 turns GNSS module OFF, but keeps GSM module ON. The device is not making any new periodic GPS records, just monitoring the events with the last known coordinates and sends them to tracking server. As a result power consumption decreases allowing saving vehicle’s battery (below 2 mA).
FM4200 exists normal sleep mode when “Movement” mode detected or “Ignition” switches on.
- Deep sleep mode. While in deep sleep mode, FM4200 sets both GNSS receiver and GSM/GPRS module to OFF state, thus making impossible to wake up the device remotely. Battery consumption drops below 2 mA.
FM4200 exits deep sleep mode if at least one of following conditions is true:
- “Movement” mode is detected
- “Ignition” is turned on
- USB cable is connected
Local and remote management
Teltonika FM4200 tracker can’t be controlled over GPRS, though it supports firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA). However, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS. To decrease the amount of SMS required for configuration SMS in binary format can be also used.
You can also configure FM4200 from a PC using proprietary software (Teltonika Configurator) and standard USB-cable which is included into package.
FM4200 has two status LEDs:
- Status LED: indicates system Power
- Navigation LED: indicates GPS reception